Compiler max "Other Files?"

Started by stevengraff, January 31, 2014, 07:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevengraff

When compiling, and including "Other Files" is there a max? I've got about 18 files, and it seems like I'm erroring out upon running the compiled file, due to truncation.

Deana

I will need to consult with the developers, but as I understand it, any limitation wouldn't be the number of files , but rather the total size of the files. And the total size is only limited by the system it is running on. Check out:

http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/tsleft.web+WinBatch/Compiler+Compiler~1126~BinaryAlloc~Error.txt

If you need to have an arbitrary number of arbitrarily large files all lumped together into a single file for distribution purposes, you might find that putting them, along with the compiled script, into a ZIP file and then creating a EXE using the WinZIP Self-Extractor tool may alleviate some problems.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

stevengraff

Thanks; sorry, it was just a simple typo on my part.  :-[

cssyphus

For future readers...

Confirmed - I have 65 attached files but only 57 were being included.  Check your .cmp file - all the "other files" are numbered, but in my case the number 58 was missing and there were two files that had the number 59. I remember modifying this file by hand (since it is just a text file)... mea culpa, mea typo.

So it appears you can attach quite a large number of files without any problem.