Email code that stopped working using Exchange365

Started by MW4, April 17, 2014, 02:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW4

I have some Code that sent e-mails that worked flawlessly for years until now.
We just upgraded from Outlook 2003 using Exchange 2003 to Outlook 2007 using Exchange365.
I'm sure it has to do with Exchange365.
Anyone else come across this??

Code that always worked:

DebugTrace(@ON,'c:\trace email issue.txt')
AddExtender("wwmap44i.dll")
recip_email="myemail@myaddress.com"
ret=mSendMailEx(recip_email,"Test Subject","Test Body","","")

Trace shows:

*** Debug Initialized ***

==============================
Thu 4/17/2014 2:34:43 PM
WinBatch 32 2014A
WIL DLL 6.14ana
Y:\Users\fleet\WBT\Automated\MakeTxtFiles3\Text1.exe
Windows platform: NT, version: 5.1, build: 2600 (Service Pack 3)
ErrorMode: @CANCEL
Valid Code Signature: No
UAC Manifest Settings: level="asInvoker" uiAccess="false"
UAC Elevation Level: Unsupported Platform
==============================

----- Extender loaded: Y:\Users\fleet\WBT\Automated\MakeTxtFiles3\wwmap44i.dll (file version: 44011,0,0,0)

AddExtender("wwmap44i.dll")
(16) VALUE INT => 1

recip_email="[myemail@myaddress.com]"
(16) VALUE STRING => "[myemail@myaddress.com]"

then I get a "this program has encountered an error"

Deana

I suspect it was the email client change ( Outlook 2007 ). Outlook is mainly responsible for MAPI.

Please answer ALL of the following questions:

QUESTION 1 : Can you confirm that you are able to send email to the same recipient using outlook?

QUESTION 2 : Do you get this same error using both recipient formats?
recip_email="myemail@myaddress.com"
and
recip_email="[myemail@myaddress.com]"

QUESTION 3: Could you please post the wwwbatch.ini file from this system? Locate your wwwbatch.ini file and post the contents here. There should be a section in it that contains additional diagnostic information that may give some clue as to what it is that failed. I believe the wwwbatch.ini would be located in the c:\windows directory on XP.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

MW4

Deana

Unfortunately the wwwbatch.ini file you attached didn't contain the extended error information I was hoping it would. I think I told you to look in the WRONG place for the ini file!

QUESTION 1:  Can you post the wwwbatch.ini file from here instead..."C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\WinBatch\Settings\wwwbatch.ini"

QUESTION 2: Are you able to right-click on any file in Windows Explorer, select Send To | Mail Recipient and successfully send the file to any email recipient?
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

MW4

1.  This is all it contains:
  [WBDNA44I]
  LastError=32 (CreateFile)

2. yes

Deana

Since the wwwbatch.ini file doesn't contain anything, it makes it difficult to track down.

You mentioned you now have Outlook 2007. After some research I found that it no longer contains the Messaging API (MAPI) client as a part of the base product installation. As a result, there is functionality missing that the MAPI Extender depends on!
Reference: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=1004

Your options are to download and install the Messaging API (MAPI) client from the above link or to abandon MAPI and use the Postie Extender to handle sending email.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.