Fileexist not working when debug(F5)

Started by markgolay, June 20, 2016, 05:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markgolay

Upgraded to windows 10 recently , an old Program works when compiled, however when I run in debug it fails on fileexist == @FALSE ,but if I compile it fileexist == @TRUE, any ideas how crazy

td

Are you referring to the output from the WinBatch function FileExit?  If so, are you passing the full path,including the drive and file system root, to FileExist or are you passing a relative or partial path?  If it is the later, WinBatch Studio and your compiled scripts will often have a different working directories and fill in the missing path information differently because of this.   

In any event, there are no known problems with FileExist on Windows 10 and your problem likely has nothing to do with the version of the operating system unless you upgraded from an early version of XP.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

markgolay

Have it working , I had as Mapped drive letter which made it fail , but worked on windows 7 , I have now just used full path & not using map drive any more

td

This Tech Database article does a good job of explaining mapped drives in a UAC environment.   Note that the Windows 8 paragraph at the bottom of the article also applies to Windows 10.

http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/nftechsupt.web+WinBatch/UAC+Mapped~Drives~Issue~with~UAC.txt
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade