Cleaning Up Windows Live MailBox

Started by rbunnell, January 04, 2015, 01:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbunnell

Currently running Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308) of Windows Live Mail.

I have a mailbox that has over 10,000 emails in it.  I would like to be able to compare email number x and email x+1 to see if they have the same Subject and same date and time.  If they do I want to be able to delete one of them.

I can SendKeys to any of the various windows but do not know how to query the Subject and date / times fields within the email.

Any ideas would be helpful and make the email box much more manageable.

Thanks.
Richard Bunnell

td

I don't believe the 'Windows Live Mail' client supports COM Automation which would be the preferred solution when available.  You are left with either using RoboScripter to generate a UI automation script that would somehow filter for duplicate information or you would need to parse the individual .eml files for duplicate information and delete as necessary. The Tech Database script in the article below demonstrates parsing .eml files using the WinBatch dotNet subsystem

http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/nftechsupt.web+WinBatch/dotNet/Third~Party~Components/SMTPOP+Parse~EML~File.txt
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade