Cyber Security

Started by oradba4u, June 03, 2019, 05:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oradba4u

All:
Can anyone point me in the right direction???

Looking for cyber security tools (white-hat-NO HACKING) to use in diagnosing windows, mac, or linux based machines. Any ideas?

Anybody seen any tools like this written in winbatch for windows based machines?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

oradba4u

I'm so underwhelmed with the response. It's like I asked for the keys to the missile silos.

All I wanted was either information on how/what to check for cyber protection on my clients PC's, or if anyone has written something in win batch to check things, like open ports, etc.

THANKS

jmburton2001

Quote from: oradba4u on June 04, 2019, 10:34:00 PM
I'm so underwhelmed with the response. It's like I asked for the keys to the missile silos.
I'm not trying to be obtuse or offensive, but what you're asking is so vague (and voluminous) that I don't think there's an answer.

It's analogous to asking for a WinBatch program that can sniff out "something" that exists in the waters of the oceans. That could be anything from a single molecule to a whale or a cargo ship. Something specific would be less challenging to answer...

Please see "How do I ask a good question?"

oradba4u

Forget it. CSO's know what i'm talking about... Thanks

stanl

That was a bit of a rude response. If you knew what you were talking about you wouldn't have asked in the first place. However, if you would like this thread to continue on the more general topic of Exploits and how to recognize and handle them [and if Winbatch can help] - perhaps (as the last contributor suggested) break the topic down into specifics: (1) password vulnerabilities (2) IP specifics..... etc otherwise get with the CSO's and make the world a better place.