Simple question (I hope)

Started by MrMike, March 29, 2020, 03:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMike

(I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum; if not, my apologies; please let me know and I'll be happy repost it in the proper place.)

I'm looking at using WB to do a minor task and figured I'd ask about it here. I'm using Win 10 Pro on a PC that's dedicated to running some security software.

I use an administration app that pops up a dialog box after it's closed, and I'd like to have winbatch lurk quietly in the background waiting for that specific dialog box to appear. When it appears I'd like to have winbatch click on a button to dismiss the dialog box.

Can winbatch do this?

(I'm guessing this isn't the first time somebody has wanted to do something this and I'm hoping that someone here might be able to point me to an example script that does this, or a script that I could modify to do this.)

stanl

I'm sure others will suggest RoboScripter, depending if you don't have a very old WB program.

MrMike

Quote from: stanl on March 29, 2020, 05:09:57 PM
I'm sure others will suggest RoboScripter, depending if you don't have a very old WB program.

Thank you, stanl. I'll look into this. If it can do it then I'll go ahead and purchase the current version of WB.

Edit: I ended up using AutoIt for this job, which is pretty similar to WB (but free). My task is super simple, basically just 8 lines of script, and for this tiny one-off job I couldn't justify spending the $69 for WB.

stanl

You can search for RoboScripter in the Tech Database (it is just to the right 'Home'). If you have a version of WB you may already have it; not sure at which version it became available.

MrMike

Thanks, stanl, I opted to go with AutoIt for this.