Font Installation on Windows 10?

Started by dmmWork, November 17, 2015, 08:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmmWork

Does anyone have a working solution for installing fonts on a Windows 10 system ?

I've been searching, but so far haven't found a solution that works ...

Thanks in advance,

-dmm

td

Assuming this is a WinBatch question, are you asserting that the techniques described in the following article do not work with Windows 10?

http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/nftechsupt.web+WinBatch/DllCall~Information+Font~Installation.txt
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

dmmWork

I am currently re-testing, but on my first 2 test runs neither method worked.

I have one test system where it appears to have worked, but took several hours to complete ... I am investigating this system as well.

Thanks!

-dmm

td

The font registry locations have not changed for Windows 10 and the AddFontResource function has not  been deprecated for Windows 10 so that technique should still work.  However, it would require that it be used from an elevated admin instance of WinBatch. 
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

td

Ran a quick test on the 'older' method of font installation on Windows 10 and it worked just fine.  Did add a second 'register font' 3 lines to make sure that the font was registered for 32-bit applications  as well as the 64-bit applications.  Don't know if that is actually necessary or not.
  - Dr. Tom Cade