HowTo rearrange open script tabs in WB Studio

Started by cssyphus, October 03, 2019, 01:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cssyphus

Is there a way to rearrange open script tabs in WB Studio? Drag/Drop doesn't seem to do it. Any method is fine, even if it involves closing Studio and editing an ini/text file somewhere... ?
Is this a pandemic... or an IQ test? newz.icu

td

No "ini" file.  The information is stored in the registry and is based on the project being opened.  You can find the file order under the Workspaces registry key.  There is a "window_#" key where the "#" is the number that reflects the load order.  Each project including the "default" project has its own set of "window_#" keys.  I have never needed to change the order of the tabs so I haven't tried it but the easiest way to change the order might be to rename the "window_#" keys based on the file name in the underlying "PathName" value.   

It might be easier to just close all windows and reopen the files from a project.  Of course, this would require that you see the wisdom of organizing your work using the workspace/project functionality...

Good luck.   
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

cssyphus

Many thanks, Tony. I appreciate the answer and will play around with this a bit.  Your suggestion may be the best course, but it's nice to understand how it works so I feel solid about the decision.
Is this a pandemic... or an IQ test? newz.icu

td

WinBatch Studio's registry use is straight forward enough.  The interesting bits of WBS are hidden from the user and include the use of RPC and multi-threading among other technologies.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade