Will WinBatch run properly on a Parallels Virtual Windows 8.1 instance

Started by brucepetersen, December 11, 2014, 07:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brucepetersen

Hello,

I am running an instance of Windows 8.1 in a "Parallels" (vendor name) Virtual Machine within my MacBook Pro Laptop (running OS X - Yosemite [Version 10.10.1]).

Do the WinBatch and WinBatch+compiler programs run properly within the "Parallels" Virtual Machine environment?

Do they run properly within any other vendor Virtual Machine environments (ie. VMware)?

I want to develop some WinBatch solutions using my "Parallels" Windows 8.1 virtual machine and want to be sure that WinBatch will work within the virtual machine environment.   The solutions will then be deployed to Windows 7 & Windows 8 PC's (not running any virtual machine environments).  Do you see any problems that may arise with this workflow?

Thanks,
  Bruce Petersen

td

WinBatch is regularly tested on VMWare virtual machines running every supported version of Windows.  There have been one or two obscure issue that could be attributed to buggy VM drivers but those incidents have been rare and corrected by an update to the latest version of VMWare.   I doubt that a normal user would have ever encountered any of them.

We also test WinBatch on some versions of Windows in an Azure cloud based virtual machine environment with no major issues.

I would assume you would have the same results with the "Parallels" product but we do not test in that environment. You might want to do a web search for user comments and/or complaints about the product.  WinBatch would likely encounter the same problems that other Windows programs may have encountered, if any.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade