SDK Issue

Started by JTaylor, April 06, 2020, 09:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTaylor

Not sure if you have encountered any problems, or even tried recently, but I am not getting an Invalid Extender message after I compile the VS 2017 Math64 extender.   I have compiled and used it successfully before this.  I tried it in VS2017 and VS2019.  There are no errors during compile.    Not sure if one of the Windows or VS updates changed something important or not.  Suggestions?   Maybe try it on your end and see if it still works okay?

I am working on a new extender and got this message so assumed it was just me and my ignorance so went back and tried a fresh copy of the Match64 Extender just to make sure.  Upside is maybe it isn't me  :)

Thanks.

Jim

JTaylor

Guess it could be a change in WinBatch???    I am on the most recent version.

Jim

JTaylor

Finally got the VS2017 Math64 Extender to work by using Release and x86 options.   No other configuration produces a usable Extender.   Again, not sure if it is me or if something needs tweaking in the solution.  Still trying to get mine to work as that doesn't work in my Extender but at least I a working starting point again.

Jim

td

I downloaded the latest version of the SDK from the WinBatch download page and built both the 32-bit and 64-bit C++ versions of the 64-bit math extender using MSFT's latest and greatest bloatware development environment.   

I had no problems loading the extenders and executing the extender's functions.  Of course, the 32-bit extender needs to be loaded into the 32-bit WinBatch and the 64-bit extender needs to be loaded into 64-bit WinBatch.   If you don't match the bitness correctly, you will get an invalid extender error.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

JTaylor

I understand on the bitness.   Not sure what the problem might be other than me.   I got it to work as noted but other options still don't work.   Appreciate the follow-up.

Thanks again.

Jim

td

If I had a dollar (inflation) for every time I tried to load the wrong version of an extender,  I would be in the British Virgin Islands sailing a 40ft catamaran instead of sitting here in a wheelchair. The part that irritates me the most is that the solution is so simple - just use the 3 parameter version of AddExtender.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

JTaylor

That is what I was doing...using the test script that was provided.   Oh well, I got past it but thought I would mention it in case it wasn't just me.

Jim

td

Never thought you hadn't.
  - Dr. Tom Cade

kdmoyers

Quote from: td on April 22, 2020, 01:18:31 PMI would be in the British Virgin Islands sailing a 40ft catamaran

I would wave and raise a glass to you from the deck of my 100 foot triple masted schooner, purchased with all the nickels I had from inserting USB connectors upside down.
The mind is everything; What you think, you become.

td

The designers of the original USB port should be the "first up against the wall when the revolution comes." *

* Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
  - Dr. Tom Cade

ChuckC

lol... uh... and here i was reserving that privilege for the inventor of the "popcorn ceiling".  if you've ever had to remove that crud from drywall, you know what i mean...