Help-Window always stays top

Started by Andreas Laeuen, June 24, 2024, 05:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas Laeuen

The WinBatch help window always stays on top and covers other windows. How can I make the WinBatch help windows behave like all other windows? Thank You

td

If I launch Consolidated WIL help from the start menu it does not stay on top and behaves like any other Windows window. The same is true if I launch it from the WinBatch Studio menu bar, WinBatch Studio Shift+F1 key combination, a File Explorer window, or the Popmenu menu item. Under what circumstances are you seeing this behavior?
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

bottomleypotts

I notice this behaviour on the odd occasions also - I wouldn't be able to do it on call. I use Consolidated WIL help from right clicking somewhere in Studio and "Keyword lookup".

td

Like most other top-level windows, the "help" window is an overlapped window and behaves accordingly. It is easy enough to check the window styles of a window and you can look up the behaviors associated with those styles on MSFT's website.

If you can provide a repeatable set of steps to reproduce the behavior, it would be great. Otherwise, there is not much that can be done as I have not been able to reproduce it.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade