Must be the week for IE

Started by stanl, August 05, 2014, 06:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stanl

Was contacted last night and informed my 'batchgeo' script I wrote in 2010 no longer works.  The script would create a google map with pushpins based on data from a .csv file.  Well 2010 might as well be eons ago and the url was updated with Jquery, Json and AJAX making it much more difficult to navigate. 

I found easymap.com - which operates similar to the original batch geo.  The attached script (and .ini and .list support files) will show my favorite Pizza Places in Raleigh (and that list needs updating as brick-oven is finally hitting the South).  Tested on IE8 - worked, IE 11 - worked  IE9 - stalled

The script displays the map in a dialog using a shell.application object. There is a further button that can be pressed to isolate the map but that involves filling in a form.  Want to avoid that step, but still isolate the map from the current page in the dialog. Suggestions welcome.

Deana

I only have IE 11 to test with and it seems to work fine for me. You mention IE9 stalls. Can you provide more detail?

I recommend using DebugTrace. Simply add DebugTrace(@on,"trace.txt") to the beginning of the script and inside any UDF, run it until the error or completion, then inspect the resulting trace file for clues as to the problem.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

JTaylor

Not sure if this is what you want to do or not.  Interpreted your question as wanting to only display the map.

Jim

Code (winbatch) Select

div_id = "bottomInst"
      oIE.document.getElementById(div_id).style.display = "none"
      div_id = "footer"
      div_id = "mapMessage"
      div_id = "mapModalButton"

tlist = oIE.Document.Body.GetElementsByTagName("DIV")
      ForEach i in tlist
        div_id = i.id
        If div_id ==  "outerMap" Then Break
        If div_id != ""  && div_id != "mapCreateDiv"  && div_id != "mainMapDiv" && div_id != "container"  && div_id != "mainBody" Then i.style.display = "none"
      Next

stanl

Quote from: JTaylor on August 05, 2014, 09:00:36 AM
Not sure if this is what you want to do or not.  Interpreted your question as wanting to only display the map.

Perfect Jim!!!! Hide the offending Div's....  If only the Shell.Explorer supported Wrtelin() like the MSHTML: object I would have pursued a different course.  Now to jazz the display a little more and I should be able to populate HSD installs by zipcode.

Deana:  with IE 9 the script would terminate but the Make Map button would never get pushed, so the dialog would just hang there. But if you clicked on the button the data from pizza.list would display.  I tested with both compatibility mode set and not set.

Deana

Quote from: stanl on August 05, 2014, 01:02:22 PM
Quote from: JTaylor on August 05, 2014, 09:00:36 AM

Perfect Jim!!!! Hide the offending Div's....  If only the Shell.Explorer supported Wrtelin() like the MSHTML: object I would have pursued a different course.  Now to jazz the display a little more and I should be able to populate HSD installs by zipcode.

Deana:  with IE 9 the script would terminate but the Make Map button would never get pushed, so the dialog would just hang there. But if you clicked on the button the data from pizza.list would display.  I tested with both compatibility mode set and not set.

It is my understanding that the dispatchevent should work With IE 9: http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/nftechsupt.web+WinBatch/OLE~COM~ADO~CDO~ADSI~LDAP/OLE~with~MSIE+IE9~Click~or~Focus~Methods~Fail.txt

Have you debugged to confirm hat that code is getting executed with IE9?
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

JTaylor

It supports writeln but it didn't in this case because, I assume, I didn't have all the pieces I needed as I only grabbed the one map DIV.   At least I used to use writeln all the time.  Not sure if I am still using it anywhere or not.  Maybe something has changed.   At least it didn't give me an error when I tried it here.

Jim