Building a DLL with WinBatch?

Started by KeithW, July 08, 2024, 08:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeithW

Greetings,

Is it possible to build a DLL with WinBatch/Compiler?
I want to make some scripts available but there are Functions/Routines/UDFs that I want to protect the source on.  I need to be able to pass parameters in and get return data.  Last I messed around with C was around 2005 if I recall right. I no longer have  C/C++ Compiler setup on my systems and was hoping for a somewhat simpler situation.  I DO NOT need screaming performance here, but need to protect some security/configuration stuff which is why I am asking?

Thanx,
Keith

spl

Would compiling your functions as a .wbc file be an option?
Stan - formerly stanl [ex-Pundit]

JTaylor

I have used the WBC format, that Stan mentioned, for that purpose.   If you want to go all the way and create an Extender there is the SDK but sounds like you would prefer the WBC format.  Just treat it like an include file, except you use Call() to load it.

Jim

td

"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

spl

You can also search for "Calling UDFs from Main Script" in the tech database. Depending on whether you would encode functions in a wbc with multiple parameters, you might want to use UDS rather than UDF.
Stan - formerly stanl [ex-Pundit]

KeithW

A quick read looks like a WBC may be exactly what I need, as long as I can pass/return values... even a simple array with a 1/2 dozen elements would do the trick.

There would be several functions within that module that I want to protect.

Keith