AV Extender - Beta

Started by JTaylor, July 25, 2024, 08:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTaylor

Here is my latest Extender.  The Audio part anyway.   Still working on the Visual part.   See "Audio" in the Help file and AVE under Sample Code for an Example of it in use.

Always open to feedback and suggestions.

https://www.data-n-stuff.com/anonymous/wbOmnibus.zip

Jim

bottomleypotts

Oh this could be very VERY cool! Being able to take a picture with my webcam. I have a project right now that I'm hacking around with command line tools to get an image from a source - it's very ugly. I look forward to seeing how this develops.

JTaylor

This took longer than I had hoped but here is the first iteration.   Look for Video under the Help File.

Things seem a little flaky when using everything within a dialog but I have smoothed most of that out in the Example application under Sample code as it was oversights on my part.   May still be some of that.   Used independently everything is reasonably solid.  I think part of it is the usual issues caused by the disconnect with some of what I do and the dialog callback pipeline.  Probably some of that is my ignorance and probably some being that some of this stuff was not intended to be done with the SDK.

All the above said, web cam capabilities vary from camera to camera.  I don't have a lot of variety to test with so throwing this out there for anyone willing to test it out and let me know how it works for you.  Capturing Frames currently requires camera support for YUY2.  Had MJPG working but then it stopped for some reason and haven't gotten it working again.   I don't have a camera with RGB32 support, which might be good or I would have gone with that and then those that don't wouldn't have an option.

https://www.data-n-stuff.com/anonymous/wbOmnibus.zip

Feedback and suggestions appreciated.

Jim

JTaylor

Actually surprised this didn't stir up much interest.   If you did try it out I would be interested in hearing how it went.

Thanks.

Jim

bottomleypotts

Sorry Jim, will get around to using this next week. Still working on transcribing.

JTaylor

No problem.  I was curious if anyone else had given it a go.  I knew you were going to at some point.

Jim

spl

I'm looking into XAML to play mp4 videos, but would help testing.
Stan - formerly stanl [ex-Pundit]

JTaylor

Go crazy :-)   The video part is, currently, focused making use of video inputs such as a webcam rather than playing videos.  I have wanted to play video but haven't been able to make it happen but just figured out something I can do with the SDK that I didn't realize was possible so exploring possibilities.  I think playing video, in a dialog control, will be an option but not certain yet. Since I can Preview webcam input, I don't see why I couldn't.

Thanks.

Jim

spl

Quote from: JTaylor on August 15, 2024, 11:37:23 AMGo crazy :-)

Yeah, the XAML is super-easy
<Window xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
        xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
        Title="My Video Player" Height="355" Width="553" ResizeMode="NoResize">
    <Grid Margin="0,0,2,3">
        <MediaElement Height="250" Width="525" Name="VideoPlayer" LoadedBehavior="Manual" UnloadedBehavior="Stop" Margin="8,10,10,61" />
        <Button Content="Pause" Name="PauseButton" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="236,283,0,0" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="75"/>
        <Button Content="Play" Name="PlayButton" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="236,283,0,0" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="75"/>
    </Grid>
</Window>

just getting it into a window woud be an issue.

spl

had to use PS, but this worked with XAML.

JTaylor

Good job.   Assuming you have a webcam or video input, you get a chance to try the extender?   Curious if it works for others since my webcam testing choices are limited.  Unless I spend money, of course :-)

Jim

spl

Quote from: JTaylor on August 18, 2024, 01:33:39 PMGood job.

Not really. Had a friend who was tasked with PowerPoint presentation every Friday. Showed him how Power BI desktop could create multi-paged  .pbix file which could be downloaded to .ppst and .ppst converted to video. Unfortunately cannot automate steps 1-2, but displaying the display while working would need to be full screen.