OT: Tutorial on Writing You Own Language

Started by JTaylor, September 26, 2026, 06:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTaylor


spl

Stan - formerly stanl [ex-Pundit]

td

The basic concepts of programming language parsing have been around since the 1960s. Anyone with a degree in computer science from a reputable institution should be familiar with them.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

JTaylor

Don't disagree but guessing the majority of people here, including myself, do not have computer science degrees, reputable or not, so thought some might find it interesting.

Jim

td

I don't think it is taught much anymore. At least not what some, myself included, consider computer science. I do agree that your link provides a nice, accessible presentation of some key concepts.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

JTaylor

Who needs those classes anymore...AI will take care of everything ;-)

I am familiar with what you mean.  I took one or two classes in that area.  My focus was more on data and systems though.

Jim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk