Screensaver

Started by golijoe, September 23, 2024, 09:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

golijoe

I have a program that uses WinActivate with sendkey to keep an application running every 30 minutes but the problem is when the computer goes into screensaver about every 2 minutes my program doesn't keep the application running. I have a mouse mover and it works when I remember to put it on but sometimes I forget. Is there a script that can be used to keep it from going into screensaver? Company policy prevents me from changing the time limit.

Running Win11 with WinBatch 2020A

td

Why does your program need keyboard input to keep running? Have you considered other approaches to maintaining the program's operation? If not, have you considered the WinBatch MouseMove or MousePlay functions in a loop to prevent the screensaver from activating?

A Windows screensaver operates in a separate desktop from the current user's desktop. User input goes to the active desktop which is the screensaver desktop when the screensaver is activated.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

golijoe

As far as keeping the application running keystrokes seem to be the best for now. I have tried mouse moves but the didn't seem to work.